BBQr's Delight Wood Pellets for Meat Smoking
Pellets Smoke Better!
BBQr's Delight Wood Pellets are a unique form of natural wood. When pellets are made, all of the air within the cellular structure of the wood is evacuated, thus concentrating the wood into a very dense form, much denser than the natural tree. As compared to other wood flavor enhancers, pellets will yield a more intense smoke more quickly which seals the food, locking in natural moisture and adding smoke flavor exactly when it's needed.
Only 1/3 of a cup of BBQr's Delight Wood Pellets is needed for most cooking events. As compared to other forms of smoking wood, you'll need 5-10 times the weight of wood to achieve the same results as pellets. The cost per use is much less for pellets than any other form of wood.
Since pellets have been processed from sawdust by pressure which generates heat, any contaminants present in the wood are eliminated. This process produces a smoking wood product of consistent quality. Pellets are easy to use since you do not soak in water prior to use. It's easy to blend wood flavors with pellets and easily repeat successful cooking results.
BBQr's Delight pellets are made of 100% of the flavor of the wood that is indicated on the package.This food-grade wood pellet product is blended 2/3 oak with 1/3 flavor-wood. This gives you consistent BTU’s for heat and plenty of flavor-wood for good smoked flavor. How to Use Pellets:
- Pellets are made of compressed sawdust. It's wood and wood burns when heated. If you starve wood of oxygen when you heat it, it smokes rather than burning to ash. This smoke is the best for providing food with an all natural flavor!
- A pouch made of heavy duty aluminum with just one tiny hole in one side works great to provide smoke in most outdoor cookers. To make a foil pouch, cut a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil 6" by 12" and fold in half making a 6"x6" square. Fold the side edges at least twice, pressing each fold firmly along the entire side. Put 1/3 of a cup of pellets in the pouch and fold the top to seal. Poke a hole in one side of the pouch with a toothpick. Place the pouch on top of your charcoal briquettes or above the gas flame. When the smoke starts coming out of the hole in the pouch, put your food on the cooking grate and close the cover of your cooker. Smoke should last up to 30 minutes depending on the temperature of your cooker.
TIPS & TRICKS
- Make sure the foil pouch has enough room for the smoke to blow the pouch up like a pillow. If you are using more pellets than recommended, make a larger foil pouch. Pellets need "wiggle" room in the foil pouch.
- If your gas grill has a smoking box or tray installed for use with wood chips, try pellets instead. A foil packet of pellets will make for easy clean up!
- Only have regular aluminum foil? Make your foil pouch with two pieces of layered foil for added strength. Be sure and put the hole through both layers.
- When you put food right over the hole in the foil pouch, that food is going to be very heavily smoked. Always place the foil pouch off to one side, not directly under food.
10 Lb. Bag BBQr's Delight Wood Pellets