The new 2009 revision of the Munsell Soil Color Charts is available.
Includes all of the colors from the previou edition plus the following new pages:
• Munsell high value, low chroma ‘White’ Page, used for describing carbonate, silica, gypsum, and soluble salt precipitates and evaporites common to arid and semi-arid environments and very light-colored parent
materials, such as diatomaceous earth and volcanic ash. The White Page shows half steps from 8.5 to 9.5 in value with chromas of 1 and 2 for N, 7.5 YR, 10YR, and 2.5Y
• 10Y and 5GY Soil chart for glauconitic soils
• 5R soil chart for Australia and Southeast Asia
• 7.5R soil chart for tropical and semi–tropical soils
From input from customers, X-Rite has improved on the washable version of the Munsell Soil Color Charts through the use of new design and materials.
Color chips are now flush with the paper of each page, eliminating the edges and extending the life of color chips because dirt and debris are easily wiped away.
In addition, X-Rite has used water resistant materials to perform better in the field under damp or
X-Rite will no longer be selling individual pages
of the Munsell Soil Color Charts. CSP Outdoors does still have a limited stock of some of the pages from the former edition. Call for availabilty.
Durable binder contains 440 Munsell Color Standards
• Featuring ISCC-NBS color names
• Munsell alpha-numeric notation
Color produced on water resistant substrate
Features Munsell notations for each color providing:
• Value (degree of lightness)
• Hue (color)
• Chroma (degree of saturation)
Used with medium, finegrained, and coarse-grained rocks
Pages are cleanable and can be exposed to standard
environmental conditions in the field
Binder Size 6” x 7.75” x 1”
Page Size 4 3/8” x 7 1/4”
Weight 3 lbs or 1. kg
|Need more information? Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-592-6940 - Ask for Extension 547 or Internet Sales.|